The Adaptik Suite includes a robust framework for interacting with systems that are both internal as well as external to a customer’s environment.
Its integration architecture was developed with two main requirements in mind:
- Interactions between the Adaptik Suite and other external entities must be driven by configuration
- The Adaptik Suite must provide all of the tools necessary to configure these interactions and consistently apply configured business rules as the data is updated over time.
Integrations are configured via Policy Actions, which is a mechanism for defining a configurable set of executable steps within the Adaptik Solution and are used to drive both integration and workflow. This approach has positioned the Adaptik Solution well to support a service oriented architecture environment. Key Features include:
- Integration points are not fixed within the Adaptik Suite flow, but instead are configured to align with the business process (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Interfaces can be accessed via a single set of configured business rules for data validation
- The Adaptik Suite can use the results returned from a third party function to alter the user experience on a specific page, drive additional processing at a later point in the process or simply store the relevant information on the policy.
- Since Integration with the Adaptik Suite is configured, carriers can switch out services or systems as business priorities change.
- Adaptik Policy’s end-user interface masks the complexity of the integration from the end-user by providing consolidate results via one user interface.
We recognize the investment that our customers make in building services to third-party functions, so the Adaptik Solution’s architecture ensures that configured interfaces are always compatible with new Adaptik Versions.