Our software engineers use the latest tools to develop and deliver cutting edge applications in support of our client’s needs. They are provided opportunities to influence design decisions and participate in all phases of development including production release.
Key Job Activities Include:
- Develop new enhancements and fix production problems in a J2EE environment according to specifications
- Assist in definition and documentation of technical business requirements as required
- Develop programming specifications as required
- Participate in all phases of system life cycle from specification to testing
- Follow change management processes to assure high quality
- Provide software development support to consulting staff to triage, prioritize and resolve application issues identified by clients (both internal and external).
- Troubleshoot problems, analyze defects, develop software fixes, test, re-factor, and improve our suite of software products
- Work closely with other internal software development individuals or groups for knowledge transfer and collaboration
- Work with System Architects as the point-of-contact for all internal requests for assistance from outside the development organization
Experience & Skills:
- Exposure to enterprise Java technologies such as Websphere, Web Services (Axis, SOAP, WSDL), AJAX,
- Knowledge of databases such as Oracle, MSSQL, UDB
- 5 or more years of software development experience
- 5 or more years of experience implementing enterprise applications or commercial-grade tools
- 4 or more years of J2EE development experience including exposure to EJB
- Experience deploying and consuming web services
- Exposure to Service Oriented Architectures
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to function in a multi-cultural environment is a must.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision across multiple development environments and platforms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the software development life cycle
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5 + years experience with Web application development using Web standard-based HTML/DHTML
- Experience using CSS
- Knowledge of W3C recommendations and accessibility issues and best practices.
- 3 + years development experience using Java
- Actual delivery experience on a Java project
- Experience with object oriented analysis/design
- Knowledge of OO design patterns, refactoring and unit testing
- Full life-cycle development experience, preferably on large-scale applications
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) & Scrum is preferred
Travel Profile: Up to 15% depending on client situation
Key Skill / Experience Questions:
- How does this position align with your overall career goals?
- Describe a situation where you have contributed to a previous or current employer in a way that was outside your immediate role.
- Describe your approach to staying current with your skill set.
- Describe any experience that you have had with an enterprise release.
- Describe an event where you were asked to change standard development approach to meet a deadline.