PolicyWriter, Adaptik’s modern, rules-based property and casualty policy administration software solution, allows carriers to achieve newfound success with commercial, personal, specialty and workers comp lines.
PolicyWriter is like no other property and casualty policy admin solution on the market today. Intuitive and user-friendly, it allows users to make changes to products via simple configuration, rather than coding. The results is dramatic increase in corporate agility and speed-to-market for new and existing products, as well as a marked reduction in cost and risk.
With PolicyWriter P&C policy administration software, insurance carriers can:
- Quickly introduce new or revised products and promptly respond to regulatory changes
- Streamline existing distribution channels and expand support to new distribution channels
- Realize rules-based straight-through processing
- Easily exchange data with other systems
- Scale to support large numbers of users
- Provide end-to-end policy and underwriting workflow
- Gain a centralized view of the customer
PolicyWriter includes a distinct, yet fully integrated, set of applications that together provide a flexible and scalable product development, P&C policy administration, task management and customer management solutions.
Use the tabs below to learn more.
Product Designer is the web-based configuration facility that leverages wizards, drag-and-drop and other tools to make configuration easy.
Product Designer’s advanced tools allow users to easily control the complexities of working with two or more sets of business rules simultaneously. In addition, it enables the sharing of rules across products and distribution channels – all without programming.
Configured User Interface & System Behavior
- Web user interfaces created and managed without programming
- New data capture enabled without database changes or programming
- Configured navigation for normal and exception processing
- Configured business rules to enable user-level, page-level, field-level and process level behaviors
- Configured transactions for both standard and specialized policy servicing needs
- Automatic reconciliation of policy data against the most current set of configured rules
Configured System Integration
- Rapid integration with rule and rating engines, agency management software, claims, billing and custom built systems
- Integration handled via XML-based web services
- Configured data upload capabilities that leverage configured business rules to facilitate data exchange for in real time or asynchronously
- Configured interfaces are compatible with future PolicyWriter releases
Configured Product Definition
- Easy to use, comprehensive product definition for all P&C insurance products
- Advanced rule versioning and management capabilities
- Derivative product definition without “cloning”
Agents, underwriters and customers use Account Manager to quote, issue and administer policies, and integrate with third-party systems.
Account Manager is fully integrated with Product Designer to provide configuration-driven and context-sensitive web page presentation, navigation, transaction processing and integration with third party systems and services.
Account Manager provides comprehensive policy life cycle support for all P&C lines of business:
- Support for internal users as well as agent and direct-to-consumer channels
- Support for role-based processing
- Quick Quote and Full application data capture flows
- Configured (STP) processing
- Complete quote, issue, bind and service functionality including what-if scenario building
- Full policy lifecycle management including new business issuance, changes, cancellations, reinstatements, renewals and comprehensive support for out-of-sequence transactions
- Complete historical views of policy information with full audit capability
Task Manager is the PolicyWriter component that provides agents and underwriters with integrated task management and work flow capabilities.
Designed to streamline processes and provide easy-to-use features for managing tasks and resources more efficiently across the enterprise, Task Manager enables collaboration among agents, underwriters and other internal users for streamlined end-to-end underwriting and policy workflows.
Task Manager’s intuitive inbox and user-friendly features provide P&C insurance carriers with:
- Greater ease of doing business through agent and underwriter collaboration
- Optimized efficiency and productivity with automatic assignment and notifications
- Improved customer service through exception-based processing and SLA tracking
- Enhanced visibility into workload allocation to prevent bottlenecks and minimize quiet times through supervisor views and management reports
Integrated In-Box Capabilities
Agents and underwriters have access to Task Manager’s List View to manage their current and future tasks.
- Create, view and administer all tasks for both individuals and work groups
- Pre-defined and advanced list filtering capabilities
- Manage multiple tasks at once
- Access complete task history
Configured Assignment Rules
Task Manager’s Assignment Matrix supports the automatic distribution and notification of new tasks.
- Assign tasks to individuals and work groups
- Multiple assignment functions for bulk transfers
- Automatic notification of newly assigned tasks
Underwriter & Agent Views
Authorized users are able to access workload views for individuals and work groups.
- Drill down to see workload details for any individual or work group
- Internal supervisors are able to set preferences to monitor task lists for authorized individuals and
- Agents are able to track the distribution of all tasks within the agency and the carrier
Task Manager includes multiple operational reports to monitor activity across the organization in real time.
- View user performance
- Measure user throughput
- Outstanding tasks by status
Web Services Based Integration
Task Manager is pre-delivered with web services for easy integration with other applications across the enterprise and also comes fully integrated with PolicyWriter’s Account Manager out-of-the-box.
- Task Creation
- Task Update
- Task Inquiry
Customer Manager provides agents and underwriters with a complete customer picture at a glance—including account history, contacts, relationships, policies, and more.
Designed to address the specific business challenges of property and casualty insurers, Customer Manager enables P&C insurance carriers to:
- Capture and manage customer information
- Group related customers
- Identify and manage duplicate entry
- Provide a consolidated view of all policies for a customer and household
- Access the complete view of a customer as of a specific date
- Enter and manage notes and attachments for a customer
Full Data Capture For Individuals & Legal Entities
Customer Manager handles full data capture for all individuals and legal entities who are prospects, active customers and inactive customers, including data that can be used for policy processing (e.g., discount determination).
- Organized view of customers and potential customers
- Summary of all policies associated to a particular customer record
- Ability to group related customers together via robust householding capabilities
- Advanced customer search functionality to identify duplicates
- Capture and manage customer level notes, correspondence and attachments
- Data pre-fill for quotes and new business applications
- Automatic syncing of customer data upon creation of a policy transaction
- Extend customer attributes via configuration
- Update customer attributes via policy data capture pages
- New policy data capture pages that can update multiple policies that are related within the same household
Web Service Based Integration
Customer Manager is pre-delivered with web services for easy integration with other applications across the enterprise and also comes fully integrated with PolicyWriter’s Account Manager out-of-the-box.
- Customer Inquiry
- Create Customer
- Update Customer
- Add Note to Customer
- Retrieve Customer Notes
- Retrieve Policy for household